Saturday 6 July 2013

10,000 hits and one only fist hole

Today I write the blog that will see me reach 10,000 hits on my site

I don't know if this is an impressive figure. I do know that the majority of these hits were in the first 3 months, I've been a bit lazy recently, and in fact I could have hit this milestone sooner 

My blog is read by people in nearly 20 countries, has been referenced by other websites, shared, retweeted, complimented....though not insulted (surprisingly).  I think people that I know, read it more than they'll ever admit

I hope it gives a little insight into the exciting life that I lead and maybe even causes some thought provocation and debate along the line

I am always conscious of writing for the sake of writing, the viewing figures showed a decline when I just started writing about anything and everything

I will do my utmost to regain my blog writing mojo over the coming weeks and see if I can return to the glory days of 'STOP, Pope Clown Beard' and 'Old Man Banana Sex'

It would have been nice if I'd tied up my 100th blog with my 10,000th hit but alas it's not to be, this is number 97

And so after that waffle, lets get to my blog for the day. 

Property viewing. I love it

Yesterday I, along with a friend, did some flat viewings, 2 intentional and 1 as a 'suggestion' from the agent

I actually quite like estate agents sometimes, sure a lot of them are smarmy, arrogant arseholes, but you can't always judge a book by its glossy fact sheet

Now, that's not to say I didn't encounter one of the worst types this week. 

I found a flat I wanted to view, phoned the agent, and envisioned the conversation going like this:

Me - can I view flat 'X' please
Her - of course you can
Me - super, Friday any good?
Her - of course, that would be perfect,   
            we look forward to helping you  
           find your dream home

Ok, the last bit would be a little cheesy but you get the idea.  What followed instead was 

Me - can I view flat 'X' please
Her - how are you planning to    
            finance the purchase
Me - I have a mortgage in place and a  
          financial advisor to handle it   
          thanks 
Her - you need to come as see me (she 
           was the mortgage advisor) I will  
           get you a better deal (at this point 
          she has no idea about what deal I 
          have)
Me - no thanks, I'd just like to see the 
          flat
Her - but if you see me then you'll  
           become a premier customer, which 
           means we'll do X, Y and Z for you
Me - tbh if you're not doing those things 
          already then you're failing your 
          clients
Her - but but....blah blah blah
Me - can I just arrange a viewing please
Her - FINE (and we know how much I 
           hate that word) I'll 'find' the diary 
           and call you back

That was on Tuesday. She obviously hasn't found it yet....

Rumour has it that a new blockbuster will be hitting the screens next year 

'Indiana Jones - Finders of the Lost Estate Agent's Diary'


Anyway, the viewings I had were with 2 perfectly lovely agents. Upon seeing the first arrive in his '60' plate Audi, I did question if I'm in the wrong job, but he did say he's saving up for a Renault Clio diesel and the Audi was just a runaround, fair enough really

The second was very nice, explaining that she had 5 kids...but she didn't give birth to all of them. Thoughts of deliveries by the stork sprang to mind before she explained that she'd just found 3 of them.....or they were her step kids.....one or the other 

You have to have a certain amount of respect for a woman that can make a positive from any negative though 

'Ok the kitchen has no storage, but there is a big cupboard in the living room, you could use that to store food etc'

Hmmm

The flat (maisonette) in question was already a 'no' but I thought it worth having a sneaky look at the 'communal garden'.  In case we weren't sure that we'd found the garden, the MASSIVE dog from next door made it clear where we were

We were greeted by toothless Tammy, the downstairs neighbour. Pausing her puffing on cigarette number 50 for the day, she explained that her 'other arf' owned the garden and my 'communal' area was in fact the size of a small hatchback car. But it was ok because she assured me that her 'ex' partner was a 'really nice guy' that 'wouldn't give me any trouble'.....well if that doesn't sell the flat then nothing will

What she also failed to realise is that if her 'ex' is 'really nice' then maybe she's the problem, and she'd be my neighbour 

The 3rd viewing was a flat in a block, and lets just say that my plan isn't to live in a flat that stinks of dog, painted pink, with a mouldy bathroom and, and this is icing on the cake, a fist sized hole in the wall on the communal stairway (I know it was fist sized, I measured it, and with my small hands, I'm pretty sure there's an angry woman living there'

Still one of the 3 viewings went really well, so we shall see what happens with that one

Now as much as I like to 'waffle' (picture attached) I think I'll leave it there

Have some funny pictures and have a great 'weekend'. I'll be hard at work until 10pm :-(

Bye bye for now 













No comments: