Friday 5 July 2013

Every day is a lucky day when you have a poo

This is the quote I received from my wife this morning, straight from the mouth of my amazing 4 year old daughter. Followed by 'so every day must be really lucky for you'.....is she trying to say I'm full of shit ;-)

It reminded me of a blog subject that I intended to write about a few weeks ago after a day spent with Amelia 

We should all try to be a bit more like children. Now I don't mean we should start (keep) wearing nappies or throwing tantrums but instead we should try to gain a little of their zest for life 

When Amelia spends the night at my flat, she generally wakes me up around 6am.  She does this by first banging her hand on the bed, then she throws a cuddly toy at me, and when I don't respond to this, she jumps on my head....all with a massive smile on her face and laughing.....at 6am!

A child can have their eyes half closed, laying on the sofa, nearly passed out tired, but mention the word 'Park' and you wouldn't believe they could move so quick....they put enjoyment before sleep....and ok it's easier for them but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try it

I remember, and I may have blogged about it before, driving to Paultons Park with Amelia once. The weather looked questionable when we left but that was nothing compared to when we arrived.  It was raining so hard that you could barely see the car in front of you

This was great news, because we could turn around and head home. I'll double check with Amelia I thought, but of course she won't want to get wet, will she, surely

Her response was 'I've got my waterproof suit so I won't get wet daddy'.  I explained that I only had jeans and a tshirt on and no coat. Amelia looked at me in a way that just said 'why would this be a problem to me'

So there we were puddle splashing around Paultons, Amelia dry as a bone and me chilled to mine....and we both loved it

So next time you're feeling a little tired, like you'll just watch tv rather than go out, like something is just too much effort, think 'what would Amelia do?'

(Obviously you can change the child's name when you think about it, but if you don't have kids then feel free to use mine)

I'll leave you with a few funnies today, things that have amused me recently

Bye bye for now







No comments: