Saturday 26 April 2014

Jealously

Jealousy is seen as an ugly thing, the green eyed monster of envy. 

Someone has things better than you do and you don't like it

Now I will openly admit today to being jealous. Incredibly jealous.  

The person I'm jealous of is far more beautiful than me. She's more intelligent than me. Has so much more potential, but probably won't appreciate that. Doesn't overthink situations, or stress about what may or may not happen. 

Life is pretty simple for her, sure there will be complicated times ahead, there are for all of us. They'll be big changes, of course there will. But she'll take it all in her stride without any worries.

I think I'd go so far as to say that you are jealous of her too, even if perhaps you don't realise it. Why wouldn't you be. But I'm afraid to say she doesn't feel the same way about you.

Why would she want your life.  Why would she possibly want to swap what she has, for what you have.

Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that you can't change, we can all change, it just gets harder as time goes on

My aim for this year, for next year, forever, is to try and learn from her......and her friends.  Because do you know what.....I think they've got it all figured out




No comments: