Sunday 26 May 2013

I'm die(t)ing to tell you

Diet.....it's a funny word...I recall a year or so ago I decided that I wanted to eat 'cleaner' that is to say a healthier diet as opposed to Cillit Bang...all I heard was 'but you're not fat, you don't need to diet'

But when did diet become the word used only to describe the meal replacement shakes or latest fad program that people are following

A diet is what you eat, it's a lifestyle

I've had many an argument on Facebook and Twitter regarding Slimming World for instance. It's a 'healthy balanced diet' apparently. And I think the important word to take from that is 'balanced'

I can balance a slice of chocolate cake with a bag of carrots, a bowl of ice cream with a bag of lettuce......but this doesn't make the cake or ice cream healthy

'A little of what you like wont hurt you' or something like that. It's probably quite true, after all no one has ever died from eating a bowl of ice cream...although what a way to go....but this again doesn't mean it's good for you 

A friend once said to me 'there's no such thing as bad food, just a bad diet'.....this phrase came from, yep, you guessed it...Slimming World

Now at this point I will say two things. I do not profess to be an expert on the slimming world diet, and the only thing I know about 'weighTWATchers' is written there. Nor am I saying that slimming world and all other 'diets' aren't beneficial. If a cake becomes a slice of cake, and a litre of ice cream becomes 1 scoop then of course that is better for you......but you'd still be better off eating the cow it comes from *

*i mean the milk for the ice cream. I don't think that cows have some sort of ice cream stomach that's taken out at the abattoir 

If you want to lose weight, be healthier, feel more energised, clear your brain fog, then eat smarter not with more balance

Now a confession from me. My diet is poor. Too many skittles, popcorn, biscuits etc

BUT

 I know all this, I know what to do to improve it, I just don't do it. 

So who's the biggest idiot.....






No comments: