Thursday 2 May 2013

Man up little girl, don't s*#t yourself

It is not always possible to know how you're children are treated at all times.

If they spend time in child care then it is quite right that you are not always aware of how they are spoken. This is why you make the most informed decision you can about the people who's care you place your child in

As some of you have seen on Facebook, I had a little rant about one nursery group that I overheard where a young child was told to 'man up' with regard to worries over what my daughter and I would call a 'wee wee accident'

The point was made that the younger generation, I'm talking late teens, may use the phrase in a different, non malicious way to myself....since i'm clearly so old now...but that's not the point

When I speak to my daughter, I adjust my language to suit, that's not to say I treat her like a baby, but I use words and phrases that I would like her to repeat.

To say that it wasn't meant maliciously and to accept that this made it ok, would imply that you would be happy for a carer/teacher to say 'oh you've shit yourself'....now that's not malicious, it's not meant to cause offence or upset, and in the same way as the child won't understand 'man up' they also won't understand 'shit', but that doesn't make it ok

I shall not be naming the nursery in question as last time I did so I was met with a torrent of 'abuse'. Abuse is the wrong word but I can't think of the correct one. But let's just say it makes me glad that my daughter isn't a 'pupil' there

Anyway, that's enough of that shit, time to man up.

So today I had my induction at the gym. I had never intended to join a gym again, I have a decent selection of weights etc at home, I have streets I can run and a relatively expensive bike which I've barely ridden. But I just needed a way to force a commitment to exercise I think, allowing others to witness my fitness....or lack thereof, so join I did, and for less than other more 'flexible' gyms. As a hint, no frills should mean lower bills

I don't intend to do weights at the gym, there's not enough equipment there to cater for all the users, but that's fine, I have enough at home. My focus is cardio. So today I just did a slow steady 40 minute session, getting to know the equipment. Tomorrow is when the fun starts :-D

Having burnt off at least 100 or so calories I came home and revitalised myself with 2 magnum ice lollies, this is not for people new to training, but I've worked hard and can happily digest 3 or 4 if needed....and that's fitness ;-)

Anyway, my pizza and chips will burn if I don't get them from the oven so I'll leave it there, have a good evening whatever you're doing

I'll leave you with a warning that came too late, a mans love for the birds and the happiest lighters you'll see today

Bye bye for now







No comments: