Thursday 18 August 2016

I'm gonna catch so many worms

So here we are 3:15am, looking back on Day 2, with my 3rd blog, hopefully that makes sense, and much like the mirror in Margot Robbie's bedroom, I will try to provide a beautiful reflection

Now the day started in what may seem like a pretty unexciting way to some, with the 6:20 arrival of Amelia into my bedroom, completely naked, telling me she couldn't find any pyjamas.  On reminding her that her alarm was set for 6:45 she told me 'don't worry about that daddy' and again repeated her need for pyjamas 

This may not seem like the best way to be woken up, but today it was just what I needed, starting the day with a beautiful smiling face and an unwavering zest for life....plus to be honest she used to wake me up by jumping on my head so it's also a massive improvement 

On a non Amelia day, I set my alarm for 5:45 so that I can get up and exercise early.  I've always been an early riser, ahem, minds out of the gutter please, and find that it sets me up so much better for the day.  But today I chose not to workout, today I chose to sit and have breakfast with Amelia instead.  We ate, I chatted, she put the TV on, I chatted, she told me to be quiet, we ate and watched tv, but we did it together 

Talking of exercise, a few months back I started a group on Facebook called '30 Minutes A Day'.  Basically it is all about being active.  You don't have to run marathons or bench press 200kg.  It's about doing something everyday, for around 30 minutes that just gets you off your arse 

It's a small group and we all have different goals and different ways of achieving them. But that's what makes the group special.  Some are just starting their fitness journeys, whereas others seem to live in the gym.  I find each and every person inspiring, whether it's the girl that can squat more than I weigh, one that can run further and faster than some people can drive, or just the guy that does what he can whilst suffering from injury.  We all have our own unique story and we all have the power to motivate others.

Now today was already off to a good start, spending time with Amelia, and as I kissed her goodbye and waved her off for a night away with Grandma and Grandpa, I thought that would be the biggest grin on my face today, but it was definitely equalled by the story told by a work colleague mid morning.......and I must warn you not to read this as you're eating your breakfast 

Those of you with kids may appreciate her dilemma more than others, but she was walking through the woods with her 4 year old son, who informed her, in a way only a 4 year old could, that he 'needed a poo'.

She looked around for some where to take him, perhaps there would be a conveniently located log cabin or maybe even a yurt with ensuite facilities, but no.  His throne of choice was to be that of a log, in a quiet area of the woods, and an attempt was made at a quick uninterrupted 'deposit'.

All was going well, until that is the sound of a canine was heard, and the sound was getting closer.  Like a professionally trained bomb disposal dog, this pooch had sniffed out the suspect package.  So my colleague cleaned up her son in a hurry, pants and trousers up, good to go. But the dog was most intrigued by what he found and all of her attempts to shoe him away were no match for his determination....and hunger.  Yep, after a good old sniff, he devoured the offending article in one fail swoop.

Now your thinking this couldn't get any worse. His owner hadn't seen this kerfuffle, there was no need to tell her what had happened.  So my friend did what we all would do, she told her 4 year old to keep quiet and not mention anything to the now inquisitive puppy patroller. And like any good 4 year old, he did exactly the opposite of what he was told...proudly declaring to the lady 'your dog just ate my poo'

We didn't establish who was more embarrassed by the whole episode but we do know the dog will be wearing a muzzle from now on and we do have a whole new definition of a pooper scooper. 

The rest of the day at work passed without anything of note and the evening was spent at the pub having a long overdue catch up with one of my oldest friends. Oldest in terms of the length of time I've known him, I have some much, much older friends.  

The evening really helped, we even spoke about emotions and stuff, and men don't really do that, so in order to restore balance we followed this up by digging a big hole, building a wall, fixing a car and putting the bins out.....manly, grrr

Overall it was a good day, unfortunately followed by a restless sleep. My body wanted to switch off but my mind did not.  As with most people I'm sure, it is when we truly try to relax, when all is quiet, that our brains become most active, going through every situation leaving you thinking about how you should have done this differently or done that differently.  You can feel so in control during the day but completely lose that again at night.  I hope that nights like this will become less frequent as time passes, or I can at least learn to cope with it better. 

Oh and I had a dream about a man completing an experiment where for 6 months he could only communicate using sounds ending with umph.  It's gonna be hard going but I'm sure he'll really tri

Happy Thursday all 

No comments: