Monday 4 March 2013

Can you go next door and ask for a long weight

How long will it take?
Oh around 15 minutes, 20 max

This was the conversation as I arrived at the tyre fitters this morning with Amelia, to get 1 new tyre fitted.

Now when I went last week they were quoting a 60-90 minute wait, and with a 3 year old this isn't practical. So you can imagine my joy when quoted 20 minutes. We wondered off to halfords, and as we came out 15 minutes later my car hadn't moved

So we walked over to Homebase, I say we, Amelia was on my shoulders by this point. So heading back 20 minutes later I knew my car would be ready.....right....right......wrong

What followed was 40 minutes of 'I'm hungry' , 'I'm thirsty' and 'how much longer?'......luckily Amelia coped a lot better than me

It seems they've found the solution to people that leave after being quoted an hour, just quote 15 minutes and then f%#k people around

When the car was finally done we moved on to another shop to purchase a present for an upcoming event, I just about managed to stop Amelia from picking up every item in the shop and made it home unscathed

On my way into work, my car advised me that I had an imbalance of pressure in my tyres, normally this means a puncture. You can imagine my thoughts, I was convinced it would be the new tyre, that happened before, the last time I replaced a tyre in fact. You can all breathe a sigh of relief though as it must have just been a result of a new tyre being fitted as there don't seem to be any punctures.....though last time it took me a few weeks before I found the very well buried screw in the tread

Today was the closing date for something I've applied for....lets just say it's a magazine competition.....it's not....it's a job....but in case any work colleagues read this, lets say magazine comp

It's now only around 64 hours until take off for New York....did I mention I'm off to New York....no....well I'm off to New York...in around 64 hours

If anyone has any orders for anything they want me to pick up for them whilst I'm there, just send me a letter in the post, second class, and I'll read it as soon as I get back ;-)

Haven't posted any pictures since last week, so lets end with these. A suspicious house, a questionable children's you, an unbeatable predator and a great change of perspective

Bye bye for now










No comments: