Thursday 7 March 2013

So good they named it twice

Well, after nearly 6 years, I am finally leaving the country again. In 6 hours time, we shall be leeeeaaaaaving on a jet plane, and I don't know when we'll be back again....ok....it's Tuesday, we'll be back on Tuesday

Luckily Amelia woke me up at 2am, not lucky that I didn't really get back to sleep, or lucky that I shall now be even more shattered tonight, but lucky because as I lay there at 2 am, thinking, I remembered that I'd not packed our tour bus ticket vouchers and on the basis these cost us around $100 I'd have been incredibly annoyed to have forgotten them

I also need to pack my headphones...

I realised at 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon that the Americans use a different electrical socket to us, I'm sure they'll catch up eventually, but in the meantime I have purchased some socket adaptors (my phone autocorrected socket into 'cockney', how very apt) so we can at least charge cameras etc

It'll disappoint you all to know that for the next week I shall pretty much be un contactable, unless the hotel wifi is cheap/free then we probably won't bother connecting until we need to check in for our return flights next week, so I'm afraid you'll have to cope without a blog for a few days, unless....

A suggestion has been made that I blog direct from the Apple Store in New York, not sure this is likely, but if I'm there and we have 10 minutes then you never know...and I'm certain I'll be there at some point...along with the Nike store for some shoes :-)

I believe last time I went away, I advised that my house would be protected by psychopathic squirrels, and this time is no different, they're crazy little fellas....in fact you can clearly see their nuts ;-)

I guess all that's left is to say goodbye, or Bonjour as Del Boy would put it....I'll see you on the flipside....and for those of you that don't know what that means....Tuesday, it means Tuesday

Bye bye for now





No comments: