Wednesday 20 March 2013

Once more and the teddy bear gets it

To be pretend the last few weeks have been the best of my life would be ridiculous. It is at times such as these that I wish my blog was anonymous, though I realise this would mean no one would read it

I apologise for being vague, but appreciate that this is not something to be discussed through this medium. I am merely offering an explanation as to why my blogs may be more sporadic and possibly less humorous....'is that even possible?' I hear you say....we'll see

A lot has been going on since my return from New York last week, which again I can't go into, but I thank everyone that knows the situation for their support

So, back to today. Amelia woke at 4:30 this morning, this will be the 3rd or 4th night in a row that she has woken at odd, and annoying times. Is it nightmares, no, bed wetting, no, any sort of irrational fear....no. It is of course that her cuddly toys are not in the same position they were in when she went to bed....they've moved...and she can't line them up the way she wants.

Now if you haven't got children, you can't fully appreciate the joy of a 4:30 wake up call to lament over the difficulties caused by rambunctious cuddly toys. You cannot reason with a 3 year old with this problem, you cannot bribe or blackmail, it just doesn't work. So you find yourself, half asleep, and half naked, desperately attempting to tame the feisty fellas and return them to their desired location.

After around 5 minutes, and after reminding your child that the toys are not real, they don't get cold, or uncomfortable, and feeling like the worst dad in the world, you just tuck the covers back in, explain that it's too early, leave the room and keep your fingers crossed tighter than a nun's......habit

The only plus side today was that the 4:30 interlude meant a sleep in until 7:20....this is a strong contender for the latest Amelia has ever slept :-/

Into the bath and after 15 minutes, the suggestion put to Amelia that she also needs a bath, I'm happy enough to tell her that she smells and needs a wash. But today she wanted a 'girly bath' with Jac. Unfortunately there wasn't time for this, so bathing was postponed until after Jac had left for work

All plans for the morning went out of the window as Amelia had a refound vigour for the joys of health and hygiene and spent probably the best part of an hour in the bath, swimming, playing with toys and generally bubbling around. In fact by the time she was out we only really had time for a chocolate mousse and she was off to grandma's.

I had an hour or so for some errands I needed to run, expensive ones at that, but productive all the same, then it was a quick lunch and off to work

And work is where I am now, at Fleet Services....for a change....as my colleague purchases a McDonald's. I on the other hand have had a sandwich from Tesco

My sandwich caused much amusement, we're simple people. It's called 'Just Ham'. Now, what would you expect from a sandwich with that name. Well...I would expect some ham, that's a given, there's even bread, which to be honest goes against the description, but if you've got ham and bread you'd surely expect some sort of butter or margarine spread....oh no.....it's Just ham....a point to Tesco for actually quite accurate labelling.

Please note, I fully expect the meat for my ham to have come from a crocodile or similar....don't worry....I'm just horsing around

Who knows what excitement the rest of the evening holds, it's a magical mystery tour, but believe me, if its interesting, I'll share it with you tomorrow

I'll leave you now with a picture selection, a religious decision, a flawed method and an illustration of the future of the world

Bye bye for now






No comments: