Saturday 23 March 2013

JUMP....for your love(d) ones

Yesterday I experienced a 'sales' tactic that frankly amazed me. As some of you will know, I'm currently selling my car, so as well as having it on auto trader I have also spoken to a few garages

On Autotrader I have priced the car at a midway point between private sale price and retail trade in, thinking I may get a bit more money whilst also giving someone a good deal. Well, yesterday I visited a dealer to see what they would offer me for the car. I was firstly amazed to see that he gauged his prices from Autotrader but my flabber was well gasted when he used my own 'for sale' advert to determine his offer. Apparently I had 'set the benchmark' for pricing.....I'm now thinking about increasing the price to 50k and then offering it to him at a very reasonable 30k.......sound fair?

I worked a late shift yesterday, and it was very quiet, not a single job in fact, but that I was still a little angered/amused when upon returning to the outstation we were questioned as to what we'd been doing all day......and the answer.....driving round aimlessly, like we do on so many occasions.....now what answer can a manager give when you openly admit to effectively doing nothing.

Today is my first of 3 rest days, or at least it would be, I've offered to work overtime tomorrow....just to help out the business need, obviously....what's that? They'll pay me....really?.....oh well ok if they have to

Typically, as my first day off, what happens, it snows in North Hampshire.....these are the days we love...when we get to make more of a difference.....and...some people 'apparently' do doughnuts in the 4x4's....but I think that's just a rumour and is disgraceful and reckless if true

Saturday morning is Amelia's ballet class and since I took her last week, Jac has taken her today. As I sit in a warm, clammy puddle......in the bath....I haven't wet myself....this time......Jac texts me to say its 'watching day', which as the name suggests is a day when parents can watch their children dance....and of course I've no chance of getting there in time to see anything :-(

I'm racking my brains for something to moan about but I genuinely can't think of any burning issues, nothing has especially annoyed me this week, so I'll finish today by using my 'celebrity status' lol, to promote a very worthwhile event that my sister in law, and my sister in law's sister in law are participating in.

Some of you will know that we lost our brother in law Alan Bannon, 3 years ago in the Shirley Towers fire, and they are both taking part in a charity abseil from the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, in his honour, with the money raised going to the Firefighters Charity. This may not be a charity you've heard much about, but the help they have given to everyone involved has been second to none and this is some way of giving them the recognition they deserve. The websites below are where you can donate money, it sounds cheesy but genuinely any donation, big or small, is appreciated

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/Bert



Oh and while I'm here, buy my car

FOR SALE - LAST CHANCE - REDUCED PRICE

SKODA OCTAVIA vRS, 2011 (11) Diesel, DSG Automatic, 24,000 miles, 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax, Leather interior, otherwise standard vRS spec, Full main dealer service history (2 services), being traded in over the weekend/early next week

£12,500 OVNO

Email bencummins35@googlemail.com

So, pictures, an unexpected picture of Catwoman, a text message based theme tune and a windswept squirrel

Bye bye for now










No comments: