Wednesday 13 March 2013

Happy birthday to me

So, 30 today, well I'm only 25 really but I prefer to say 30 so I look young for my age....in fact people are always complimenting me on how young I look.....ok....they are generally sporting a blue rinse or very dark glasses, but it's the thought that counts

I was very kindly treated to a lie in today, and then woken up with breakfast in bed, bacon & eggs, Amelia even joined me with her apple.

Then it was time to head downstairs for cards and presents. Loads of cards, some with money in :-)

Amelia got me an engraved glass, perfect for my new plan to increase my water intake, try and cut down on sugary squash as well.....a little ironic as I've just finished my 2nd 170g box of nerds....they're all gone now though

A relaxing morning was followed by more cards and presents from the inlaws, and then lunch at Frankie & Benny's. Unfortunately our lovely lunch was ruined by the fact that lunch took 45 minutes to arrive, short staffed apparently, but why not mention that when we're there with a 3 year old

Anyway, by the time the food arrived, Amelia had gone into a bit of a meltdown, hungry and tired are not a good combination at that age. Unfortunately this resulted in having to bring Amelia home early. Jac stayed to pay the bill and was met with a comment from the waitress along the lines of 'did the little one have a bit of a tantrum'.......not the best move when it's caused by your inadequacies. So a £10 voucher is now sat next to me, to use next time I go

Amelia had a little sleep and then Jac took her out to see her cousins, so I caught up with some admin then met them at my mums for dinner

I know my mum reads my blog, so i'll say that the roast was lovely.....it actually was....but she'll think I'm just saying that anyway. But it's worth noting to make it the same next time ;-)

This evening has just been chilling in front of the TV, eating nerds, so no exciting stories, but a relaxing end to another birthday.

I'm off work until Sunday now, so I have the next few days to myself, Amelia is at nursery, I'm sure ill stay relatively busy, starting with breakfast with a mate tomorrow, but I'll do my best to squeeze in some relaxation

Now, a panda having fun, Karl saying what we were all thinking and a reminder of the problems of alcohol ;-)

Bye bye for now





No comments: