Thursday 31 January 2013

£1 an inch

This is my second writing of this blog today as it got lost somewhere between uploading and being online, so excuse me if I make slightly less effort

Last night I had the great pleasure of attending Old Trafford for the Man Utd v Saints game, but not in any ordinary seat, oh no. In the Evolution Executive Suite if you will. Whilst not cheap (luckily I'm stinking rich, well half of that is true) it really is an entirely different way to see a football game

The evening started in our suite, overlooking the stadium, where we were treated to an inclusive bar, and a 3 course meal, consisting of 'Confit chicken and red onion terrine (I think), an amazing roast beef and mustard mash, and chocolate pecan pie with ice cream. Now I'm a fussy eater at the best of times so was a little apprehensive about the meal, however it was all very nice and much better than a greasy burger or hot dog.

The view for the game was as good as I could hope for, with a lovely padded seat to park my arse on and food and drink waiting for us both at half time and full time, though we did only get 5 minutes at the table at half time. Of course the score line wasn't half bad either, though so many times in the second half it looked like it was going to go the other way

Unfortunately it was upon leaving the ground that things went a little downhill. We'd got a taxi there, in daylight, as it was pouring with rain, and were confident that we'd be able to find our way back, on foot, in the dark. We were very wrong. After walking for around 30 minutes along the wrong road, which we couldn't leave as there was a river separating us from the correct road, we ended up on a tram and heading back the way we'd come. So just an hour after leaving the ground, we'd completed our 0.5 mile journey back to the hotel

Now to the title of today's blog. I'd booked a travelodge as it was £26 for the night, and had booked a family room as couldn't get a twin room (I'd traveled with my dad). Unfortunately it was at 11:45pm, upon pulling out the sofa bed that I realised it was just over 2ft wide, only 5ft long and akin to a plank of wood with sheet. I think when they stated that you could fit 4 people in the room, they meant 4 of Snow White's friends...and let me tell you, I was more Grumpy that Happy and today I am definitely Sleepy. The bed, combined with my dad's snoring meant I'd have got a better sleep at home, even with a 3 year old in the house

Now it's time for breakfast before the long drive home, so ill leave you with the best Facebook post I've seen in a while, a twitter profile that only needs to follow one person and exactly what I would do on my last day

Bye bye for now










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: