Tuesday 15 January 2013

Chuggers

What are people's thoughts on door to door charity collectors, or chuggers as I would call them?

Today I had a young lady knock the door on behalf of a charity for blind people, a very worthwhile cause I'm sure, but is it really right that anyone should be allowed to knock your door and essentially beg for money? Maybe it's just me, but I end up feeling like some sort of heartless bastard if i don't sign up (please note that I didn't, not at £6 a month, maybe set your expectations a little lower).

Ok now I'm sure you're thinking '£6? Is that all? you spend that on a breakfast', this is true, but it's not a charity that effects me personally, I already donate to those, and you can't sensibly give money to everyone.

I applaud the people that do this job voluntarily but unfortunately, and the reason and I call them chuggers, (charity muggers) is because some of them earn more money than I do (a chugger in certain parts of London can apparently earn 50k+ a year) and in my opinion that is wrong. How many people do they have to sign up just to cover their wages??

I'm sure this will be an emotive subject and I welcome any comments either here, if it works, or on Facebook or twitter


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: