Sunday 6 January 2013

As easy as riding a bike

I'll tell you what's not as easy as riding a bike....fixing a puncture on the back wheel of a 3 year olds pink sweetie princess (complete with tassels) bike.

Now I've been let down a lot in the past, and I know how to fill a hole* so I felt pretty confident in getting this done quickly.....what I didn't allow for was the tyres from hell....it would be easier to remove a tyre from a car wheel using a rusty nail and a toothbrush

But lets not get caught up in that, I'm a professional so of #course I had the wheel off in no time** and was happily pumping away, hoping nothing exploded prematurely

I thought to myself, this won't work dry*** I need to get it wet, so cue filling the sink with water, good job we're not on a meter yet as it would be cheaper to just buy a new bike. I dumped my tube expectantly into the flowing waters beneath and waited, like Kate Winslet holding Dicaprio's hand on that wooden door....for the bubbles

And in much the same way as the afore mentioned Katie W, nothing, not a wimper....though a life boat couldn't save me from my dilemma, and I'm left with the thought of a 3 year old without a pink sweetie princess (complete with tassels) bike to ride excitedly around on

So I did the only thing a self respecting man could do, I put the bike back together, pumped the wheel back up and prayed to god****, in the same way that Katie Price does, that the bloody thing just stays inflated for long enough for someone much younger to enjoy it.....fingers crossed


* very different sort of hole
** more like 40 bloody minutes
*** just like the type of hole from the first *
**** I'm an atheist



No comments: