Thursday 31 January 2013

I've never paid that much for sausage

Well after my afore mentioned night of luxury at the lodge of travel, it was time for breakfast, which they very kindly offer as an extra.....and not just any breakfast, but an 'all you can eat' breakfast. All well and good, except not only do they have a fair idea how much you can eat, they know for certain that you can't eat £8 worth, but that's what they'll charge you to try

Luckily next to the Travelodge was a Morrisons, which not only provided our parking but also offered breakfast for a much more reasonable amount, £7 for both of us in fact, and it was still 'all I could eat'.

It took 4 hours to drive home from Manchester, 4 hours of non stop motorway driving, this is something I'm not used to....in fact when we were held up by a lorry tyre blown out across the road, I very nearly got out to pick up the pieces, just to break up the monotony

This afternoon drifted by, little bit of tv and a good workout in the gym. Few disappointments but also a lot of improvements so that's good and keeps enthusiasm up

This evening a mate came over and we watched 'Flight', starring Denzel Washington, it wasn't quite what we were expecting but a very entertaining film all the same, maybe more of a rental than a cinema film, but ill leave that up to you, it's released in cinemas tomorrow

Despite my visit to Old Trafford yesterday, I'm not really a massive sports fan, though certain news stories are unavoidable. The obvious one today being that of David Beckham and his announcement that he will not only join a new team but also take no salary for the 5 months he has signed for. Some people would probably argue that the good publicity outweighs the loss of earnings, some would argue that he doesn't need the money. I would say both of these are true, but to be honest I think he's probably done it because he can, because he genuinely wants to help a charity and that he thinks perhaps it will inspire other people to make their own contribution. Either way, he can certainly teach modern footballers and society a great deal and has also reaffirmed why he is such a popular guy and why he will surely one day be Sir David

I shall leave you tonight with a few pictures. My possible choice of breakfast this morning, another picture with unfortunate lighting and an inspirational message for tomorrow (which I hope I've not used before)

Bye bye for now












No comments: