Wednesday 23 January 2013

Where are those 6 inches you promised me last night

No, this wasn't what Jac said to me this morning...I had in fact left the house an hour before she was awake so she wouldn't have had the opportunity anyway

I am of course talking about the snow. I worked late yesterday in preparation for treacherous weather, blizzard conditions, so I awoke this morning fully expecting a repeat of last Friday....but....nothing

What followed at work was a pretty quiet day, steady with routine jobs, but generally quiet so I was not disappointed to finish at 2 o'clock

I collected Amelia from my mums house, then collected a mate and we went to Ikea. In honesty I only went there for meatballs (which I've just had for dinner, yum yum) but I also bought some really exciting things, a washing up brush and some glasses. I also bought Amelia a chair for the living room which she assured me she would sit in 'every single day', I fully expect the novelty to have worn off by tomorrow, but as luck would have it its the right height to use as a foot stool

The main problem with Ikea is whilst there is a lot there I don't like, there's a lot there that I do. I could easily have spent several thousand pounds on various things and its now made me want to redecorate half of the house....anyone wanting to make a contribution, feel free to contact me for bank transfer details

I can't see this evening getting anymore exciting, unless a women's Swedish volleyball team break down in the road and need somewhere to wait for recovery....you never know...this 'could' happen

So tonight I shall leave you with a few pictures for a change

A place all men would love to go, the best way of fooling a mate into thinking he's snowed in, and the little known secret of how they make fairy liquid

Bye bye for now










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: