Tuesday 8 January 2013

I've fallen in love with Uranus

I wouldn't say I'm a massive McFly fan, I'm only 5ft 9 (and a quarter) in fact, but something about the lyrics of their song 'Star Girl' caused me some amusement this morning.

With Amelia at nursery today and me working late shift, I decided to put my morning to productive use. I updated the software of my phone, listened to some music and then enjoyed/endured 30 minutes of Pat Sharp and the twins of Fun House......it's not quite how I remember it, particularly the twins, but still a great bit of nostalgia

Going back to Uranus, arse pretty much sums up the day at work today, it's been very quiet, with not even a drug search to keep us busy. Had I been on our northern route at work though I would have been dealing with a job involving a dead body, so to be honest I can cope with 'quiet'

Our two main jobs today have been searching for, what was described by a lady, as a large piece of rubber, apparently 8 by 2 inches, if that's large then happy days. This was followed by a search for a Christmas tree. Much like said Christmas tree, both searches proved fruitless. Still there are much worse jobs (see photo below)

I see a topic for debate on Facebook today is the proposed 1% cap on benefits increase. Having been subjected to 2 years of pay freeze and 2 years at 1%, effectively seeing my salary decreased every year, I do wonder why I should feel sorry for anyone on benefits not getting the 5.2% they got last year. Now I'm not one to start a debate ;-) but if anyone can tell me why people living off of the benefits system should be entitled to more of an increase than people in employment, I'd be happy to discuss my thoughts....

As always, as well as a hopefully amusing picture I will include a positive thought for the day.....plus a picture that shows that if you need the 'warning' message, you're clearly nuts

Bye bye for now

(I've now activated comments, so if someone could try it out, it would be appreciated)









1 comment:

Col said...

loving the blog and todays wrestlers pictures made me laugh out loud (sorry cant be down with the kids)