Saturday 12 January 2013

A long day

Today started off great. Having gone to bed at midnight last night after watching the very good Jack Reacher I was overjoyed to be awoken at 4:30am by Amelia screaming because she hadn't had a cartoon before bed....made more ridiculous by the fact that she had had one :-/

Jack Reacher, an excellent film, say what you like about Tom Cruise...he won't give a shit anyway....but I thought it was very good. Much better than the fiasco we had buying the tickets. I wanted to avoid the queue so thought I'd use the automated machine, which of course went right through the payment before telling me the printer was empty....resulting in 15 minutes stood at the till waiting for them to eventually decide that the purchase hadn't gone through, the tickets had sold, and we had to sit somewhere else. Next time I'll just queue for tickets

This morning was Amelia's first ballet lesson of the year, followed by soft play with her friends, she loves this and is apparently very good at ballet as well :-)

Having ordered some items from a company 2 weeks ago, and being promised 2 days for delivery, I had an email yesterday to say they were at the local depot, so after ballet I attempted to locate the local depot......an hour of driving later and all I'd established was that the company obviously operated out of a home address, and that most of Curdridge is underwater :-/

This afternoon we went to a place called Choice Plants in Timsbury, it's essentially a garden nursery, but they have a craft centre and ice cream parlour, Amelia loved making a decoupage (I think) letter 'A' and has a puppy and a teddy bear to do at Grandma's another day. I'd highly recommend the place if you have children around Amelia's age

Next was dinner at The Gateway, well I say dinner. I'd eaten an hour earlier, jac and my parents had soup, and Amelia just decided to spend most of the time screaming and whinging, the problem with not having had any sleep

This evening I've been invited to my friend Colin's house, he mentioned he was going to spend the evening watching young men parade around in tiny swimming trunks....this doesn't sound like a very attractive evening to me but he apparently loves it

I appreciate that today's blog may be a little tedious to some, but when you live a non stop, rock and roll life like me, sometimes you need a more relaxed day

Anyway, here's an alternative restaurant menu, an interesting view on marriage and a picture which is a little more hardcore





No comments: