Friday 11 January 2013

Ironman

Today was the day for my monthly Ironman competition. Now for those unfamiliar with the ironman format, it usually involves a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and a 26.2 mile marathon. My sequence is a little different, I start with 2.4 pairs of trousers, then 112 vest tops, blouses and jumpers and finish with 26 of jac's t-shirts and 2 of mine. Whilst this seems less challenging, it has been known to take a similar length of time....and without 7 years of intense training, I'd really struggle

They say Ironman is a superhero and Iron woman is a command....but in this house we're either 'for' sexual equality or I'm the woman :-/

Whilst carrying out my 'wifely' duties, I watched a tv program from last night about pikeys, or gypsies as they call themselves. We should apparently call them 'new age travellers' but I think the term 'angry, violent, stupid, child abusing, animal torturing tossers' is a better term...though granted its harder to shout as they pass by on their horse and cart.

They thought nothing of training an 18 month old to box, call a couple of 4 year olds 'cunts' and tell them that if they cry they'll get a beating....that's great parenting right there :-/

Still they did still find time for organised cock fighting, bare knuckle brawls and slaughtering some innocent animals....all in a days work for them....ironic as I'm not sure any of them have ever done a days work.

This afternoon was darts highlights, now I've never watched darts before and based on today the women were better than the men....may have been the copious amount of beer consumed...still we're gonna try and get tickets for next year as it does seem quite entertaining....if only for opportunities to shout 'iiiiiiiiiiiiinmnnnnnnnn ONE' and rejoice in the chant of 'you get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed'

Today is my first attempt at cooking on the slow cooker, obviously Jac has used it before, but today I have 'cooked'. In the next hour we shall be sitting down to 'enjoy' beef, sweet potatoes and veg....fingers crossed its at least edible. And having never tried sweet potatoes, lets hope the name is a description of their personality as well

Cinema tonight with my good friend Mr Washington, I think to see Jack Reacher(round) so let's hope Tom Cruise lives up to his enormous stature and delivers a sterling performance

Tonight I shall leave you with Steve Job's original vision for the iPhone, Facebook's new privacy terms and a promotional poster for another sure to be blockbuster film

And remember 'if you're the sort of person that can't have a sensible debate without resorting to immaturity then you're an idiot. And so is your mum


Bye bye







No comments: